Get to Know President Chris Hamlin
- Title: President & Owner
- How did you get started remodeling? When I was about 8 years old, my dad decided to add on to our SE Portland home. By himself, he added the coolest family room / bedroom addition I had ever seen. He let me help out by pounding nails in everywhere he put an X. I was hooked!
- What is your greatest remodeling strength? I guess it would be my knowledge of structural design. What we can and can't do to a home to get the remodel our clients want.
- What is your favorite tool? The board stretcher.
- What is your favorite past time / hobby? Fishing, camping, Dirt bike riding.
- How long have you been remodeling? Since I was about 8 :). I really started in construction around 13 or 14. Full time at about 18 or 19, so about 35 years or so.
- What is your favorite room of a home? Why? The Great room/kitchen, because it's where everyone seems to end up during a get together and visiting, helping cook, etc.
- Do you know any remodeling myths? There is a great tool that will lift anything, if you can find it. The great red sky hook!
- What do people need to know before starting a remodel? That there will be a lot of involvement on their part with decisions, timing, pricing, and an impact to their home. We minimize it to our greatest extent, but it is sometimes more than clients think.
- Who is Highland Ridge's ideal client? Someone who realizes the value of what a it takes to give them good remodel project experience.
- Why should someone choose Highland Ridge to remodel their house? We will take great care of their home before, during and after the project, and provide as minimal impact to their day to day activities as possible. We strive to make it a great experience.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Team Highland Ridge
What is your greatest remodeling strength? I can build almost anything.
What is your favorite tool? Tape measure
What is your favorite past time / hobby? Riding my Harley